Tim Coolican Principal Lawyer, Criminal Defence
Tim is a Senior Criminal Defence Lawyer at Slater and Gordon in Birmingham.
He has established a reputation for the successful representation of clients in complex cases of business crime.
Tim’s particular area of expertise is representing individuals in relation to fraud, money laundering, health and safety, inquests, and professional discipline matters.
He also has significant experience of representing clients in relation to restraint and confiscation proceedings.
Acting for the Police Federation he has worked on a number of serious criminal and misconduct allegations including death in custody, firearms incidents and road traffic accidents.
He is regularly instructed to represent clients investigated for gross negligence manslaughter, health and safety offences, and during complex and high profile inquests.
Tim has written on topics including money laundering, fraud, data protection and corporate manslaughter for a variety of publications.
- Business crime
- Serious misconduct
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Chambers and Partners: He has an “encyclopaedic knowledge of, in particular, the Police Misconduct Regulations" and "he is a brilliant tactician and will spot arguments that others fail to see".
- Legal 500: “‘He is bright, affable and cool under pressure and exercises terrific judgement”.
- Since 1998 Slater and Gordon
- University of Westminster
- University of the West of England
- University of Kent