Paul Macbeth Associate, Personal Injury
Paul is an Associate Solicitor within the Serious Injury team in Manchester.
He has had widespread experience since commencing practice in 2000 and has conducted claims for both minor and more severe injuries arising out of road traffic accidents, employers liability, public liability, criminal injuries and defective products and services.
Paul now primarily acts for claimants whom are seriously injured in road traffic accidents or for the estate and dependants in fatal accidents.
He has acted for a wide range of private individuals and for members of unions and membership organisations including a very significant number of claims on behalf of members of Cycling UK (formerly CTC) and the Police Federation in particular.
Recent cases have included (not exclusively):
- Multiple high value cases where police officers have had to medically retire due to injury
- High value fatal accident claims
- Claims where there have been complex indemnity or liability issues arising from, for example the use of the vehicle as a weapon, defective services to cycles, defective construction of cycles, defective design of roads and carriageways
- Polytrauma cases and cases including serious orthopaedic, psychiatric and pain syndromes, amongst others
- Cases involving varying degrees of brain injury
Paul believes in securing early rehabilitation for seriously injured claimants, recognising the importance that this plays in achieving the best outcomes and will seek to work with appropriate professionals to best pursue the best interests of claimants.
In addition to his role at Slater and Gordon, Paul is a trustee of Headway Blackpool, Wyre and Fylde, a charity representing the interests of those with acquired brain injury.
- Road traffic accidents
- Employers’ liability
- Occupiers’ liability
- Public liability
- Defective products and services
- Since 2005 Slater and Gordon