Juliette Franklin Senior Associate, Employment
Juliette is an Employment Lawyer with Slater and Gordon lawyers in Cardiff.
She has practiced in employment law and discrimination law for almost two decades.
She has particular expertise in dealing with complex discrimination cases under all strands of anti-discrimination legislation, with a particular interest in disability discrimination, sex and maternity discrimination and whistleblowing. Juliette has acted in a number of high profile and ground breaking discrimination cases over the last 12 months.
Juliette is also very experienced in collective labour law issues, in particular in advising individuals, employee representatives and unions in redundancy situations.
Juliette is a regular contributor to both the local and national press. She also delivers training for the Employment Lawyers’ Association and to clients.
Catherine Howells assists Juliette with her cases.
Counsel, who Juliette has worked with on many complex discrimination cases, have said: “Juliette has an in-depth knowledge of discrimination law and ensures she is up to date with recent case law developments. Her commitment to the lay client is second to none and I have found her to be both diligent and determined. Her preparation skills are meticulous and she will often work beyond her contracted hours to ensure that documents are drafted to the highest possible standard. She is a pleasure to work with and builds an admirable rapport with all of her clients."
- Unfair Dismissal
- Employment Tribunal
- Settlement Agreements
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Chambers and Partners: Juliette is a “Leader in the Field” of employment law, specialising in complex discrimination cases and collective labour law matters. She is “one of the best Claimant lawyers around” and her legal knowledge is “amazing and completely reassuring”. She “is easy to talk to and very helpful” and “shows professionalism and a willingness to assist and advise whenever possible".
- Legal 500: Juliette is “able to present a good argument on a difficult case but is also realistic about prospects of success”. She is “charming and practical” and “a brilliant negotiator”.
- Legal 500 2016: "very professional and supportive" and "empathetic and hardworking"
- Chambers and Partners: Juliette is an expert in discrimination and collective labour law.
- Chambers and Partners 2017: "She is very knowledgeable in her subject matter and takes her job very seriously and was available for us even out of hours."
- Chambers and Partners 2018: She is described as "excellent in every way" and "diligent, committed, and willing and able to go the extra mile for her clients."
- Since 2001 Slater and Gordon
- University and Law School in Nottingham
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association
- Working group participant for Equality and Human Rights Commission Wales
Recent Testimonials for Juliette Franklin
“Juliette, thank you so much for everything you did for me. I was over the moon on the day and felt like a huge weight had lifted off my shoulders. I am very much looking forward to my future.”
Police Officer, Cardiff