John Marshall Principal Lawyer, Employment & Partnership
John is an Employment and Partnership Lawyer at Slater and Gordon in London.
He is an expert in all aspects of employment and partnership law - both contentious and non-contentious.
Acting only for individuals, he often handles complex multi-million pound deals and employment litigation across several legal jurisdictions.
During his career he has dealt with executive contract negotiation and drafting and devised and rolled out global employment policies and procedures, providing training on implementation.
His practice includes High Court litigation concerning the enforcement of restrictive covenants, interpretation of contractual terms, implied terms, penalty clauses and the assessment of damages.
He also handles a number of employment tribunal claims, many involving whistleblowing and discrimination.
Complex FCA regulatory issues and actions faced by his clients are a central feature of his caseload.
- Employment contracts
- Bonus disputes
- Contract negotiation
- Restrictive covenants
- Penalty clauses
- LLP membership
- FCA Regulation
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Chambers and Partners: John "knows the finance industry and always gives forthright advice." He “most frequently represents executives in the financial services sector, earning approbation from a range of market commentators". John is “a leader in his field” being recognised for giving “sensible, commercial and robust advice.”
- Legal 500: "Outstanding".
- Chambers and Partners: John has deep experience advising City clients on significant disputes.
- Since 2012 Slater and Gordon
- 2007 – 2012 Russell Jones and Walker
- 1999– 2007 General Counsel EMEA, Tullett Prebon plc
- 1988 –2007 Gold Mann and Co
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association
- Member of the Association of Partnership Practitioners
Recent Testimonials for John Marshall
“Once again my dealings with Slater and Gordon have proved highly beneficial. Thanks again for your very professional help – it’s been quite a year!”
“I cannot express how relieved I am that everything is now closed. I know I have said it numerous times before but your support, professionalism and advice have been immensely valuable and I cannot thank you enough. I really could not have managed all of this without you and I am incredibly grateful. I wish you all the best for the future – thank you for helping me rebuild mine.”
“Many thanks for turning this round so quickly.”
Mr Lott, Baghdad, Iraq.