Jane Rogers Senior Associate, Medical Negligence
Jane is a senior associate in the medical negligence team at Slater and Gordon in Cardiff.
She has over 27 years litigation experience and is an APIL accredited Senior Litigator and a member of the Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel.
Her legal career began in 1989 when she joined a niche firm in London to start her training. Upon qualification, she moved to CWJ in Kent where she obtained valuable experience in a broad range of medical negligence cases including cerebral palsy and brain injury cases, becoming a partner in 1997. Jane returned to her hometown of Cardiff in 2001, joining Geldards as a senior associate and subsequently became head of the medical negligence department.
Jane joined the medical negligence department at Harding Evans as a partner in 2013. She has settled a vast amount of cases successfully for her clients in all types of medical negligence. Her expertise and specialist knowledge in this complex area of law enables her to act for clients seeking compensation in a wide range of matters including birth injuries, cerebral palsy, cauda equina, failure to diagnose cancer, and cardiac cases.
- Since January 2020 Slater and Gordon
- 2017 to 2019 - JMD law
- 2013 to 2017 - Harding Evans
- 2011 to 2013 - Metcalfes
- 2001 to 2011 - Geldards
- 1995 to 2001 - CWJ
- 1989 to 1994 - Blount Petre
- College of Law, London
- University of Glamorgan LLB
- Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Law Society Clinical Negligence Panel
Commendations from independent legal directories
Jane has been regularly mentioned individually since 2005 in Legal 500, praised for her attention to detail.
- Chambers and Partners 2019/2020, "Jane Rogers has an impressive track record of handling high-value birth injury cases. She is well versed in surgical error claims, delayed diagnosis and cancer cases. Rogers is described as "reliable, punctual, kind and considerate" by commentators, who add: "she works with complete integrity and focus and she wants the best for her clients."