Emma Hawksworth Principal Lawyer, Employment
Emma is an Employment Lawyer at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in London.
Emma advises employees and employee organisations on all aspects of employment law and particularly on issues of sex discrimination, maternity rights and flexible working rights.
Emma also has particular expertise in issues surrounding equal pay and has acted in a number of leading cases in this area.
She is a regular speaker and commentator on employment law issues and currently sits as a part-time employment judge in Reading and Watford employment tribunals.
Carole Logue assists Emma with her cases and their details can be found here.
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Winner of the Association of Women Solicitors Awards 2010
- Highly Commended in the Law Society Excellence Awards 2010
- Chambers and Partners: "Emma Hawksworth is recognised for her capacity to handle cases with a gender discrimination element.”
- Legal 500: Emma is "efficient and direct” and "tenacious". She is “meticulous and thorough, wise and intuitive, outstanding in supporting clients and strategically strong on discrimination, equal pay and maternity."
- Chambers and Partners 2016: Emma's clients' emphasise her excellent service and comforting level of expertise on employment matters.
- Chambers and Partners 2017: "I can't speak highly enough about her. The advice that she gave me, her availability, everything was first-class."
- Chambers and Partners 2018: Sources describe her as "a brilliant lawyer."
- Since 2012 Slater and Gordon
- 1995 – 2012 Russell Jones and Walker
- Oxford University
Recent Testimonials for Emma Hawksworth
“The quality of your work is second to none and the care that you take in explaining the details to an anxious client such as me is so helpful at what is a pretty stressful time.”
Ms R, London