Claire Frazer Associate Solicitor, Court of Protection
Claire is an associate solicitor within the specialist Court of Protection team at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in Manchester.
She works with and helps those clients under the court’s care and assists them with issues relating to the management of their property and financial affairs.
As part of her role she makes applications for professional and lay deputyships and helps with deputyship administration including management and investment of damages awards.
Claire also acts on behalf of professional trustees for clients whose compensation award is held in a personal injury trust.
Many of Claire’s clients have brain injuries or mental capacity problems as a result of an accident and or medical negligence. Others are elderly and require help with financial management.
Claire is sensitive to their needs and takes time to help them in what can be challenging and complex circumstances.
Claire also has experience in wills, estate administration and lasting powers of attorney.
- Court of Protection
- Professional and lay deputyships
- Statutory wills
- Management and investment of damages awards
- Interim payments
- Brain injury
- Mental capacity
- Management of clients finances
- Trust management and administration
- Since 2012 Slater and Gordon
- 2004– 2012 SFN Solicitors Burnley
- 2003 - 2004 Donns Solicitors Manchester
- 2002 – 2003 Simon Jersey Altham
- Staffordshire University
- Affiliate of the Society of Trusts and Estates Practitioners (STEP)
- Member of Court of Protection Practitioners Association (COPPA)
- Member of STEP Mental Capacity Special Interest Group