Carol Hopwood Principal Lawyer, Serious Injury
Carol is a serious and catastrophic injury lawyer at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in Liverpool.
She handles a full range of personal injury claims but her real expertise lies in tackling the most catastrophic cases for both adults and children.
She is an expert on brain and spinal injuries, amputation injuries and fatal accidents.
One of the most notable cases she has worked on involved a client brain damaged at birth whose parents only sought legal advice 36 years later.
Despite the absence of hospital records and the passage of time, she secured a multi-million pound settlement.
Carol is also the founding trustee and secretary of Headway Sefton. She was a Chair Award finalist for her work in the community.
She has trained as a volunteer for Brake, the road safety charity to help train police officers in dealing with bereaved families.
In her spare time she fundraises for Headway and The Motor Neurone Disease Association.
- Since 2013 Slater and Gordon
- 2009 – 2013 Goodmans Law Ltd
- 2002 – 2009 Goodmans Solicitors
- 1991 -2002 – Gregory Abrams Davidson
- Liverpool John Moores University
- Chester College of Law
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Chambers and Partners 2016: Carol is a "very experienced and reliable solicitor."
- Chambers and Partners 2017 Band 1: She is noted for her "expertise, astute commercial knowledge and unparalleled client service."
- Chambers and Partners 2018 Band 1: Carol is praised for her work on high-profile nationwide claims relating to brain and spinal injuries. One client states: "She is fabulous, and I knew I could trust her. Her knowledge was sound and gave me confidence in her. She was very down-to-earth and practical, and very sympathetic."
- Legal 500 2017, ranked as a Recommended Lawyer and Leading Individual. Carol is "compassionate, supportive and knowledgeable."
- Member of The Law Society
- Law Society final examination
- Winner of the E Rex Makin prize
- Senior litigator and member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL).
- Member of UKABIF and the Motor Accident Solicitors Society
- A Headway UK approved solicitor
- A Child Brain Injury Trust panel solicitor
- Founder of the Headway Sefton group
- Steering committee member for Engage Road Safety Scheme
- Secretary of Headway Sefton.
Recent Testimonials for Carol Hopwood
“The level of service I received at Slater and Gordon’s was second to none and in particular from Carol Hopwood. All the way through the process I was kept fully updated and advised in a very professional yet personable way. I would highly recommend Slater and Gordon and would certainly highlight that Carol in particular, provided me with a high level of expertise, rigour and commitment and was pivotal in ensuring my claim reached a successful conclusion.”
Mr B, London
“I can't thank you enough for all your hard work, advice and your personal commitment in ensuring my case reached a positive conclusion. Many thanks for all your help and support throughout this process. I really appreciate it.”
Mrs P, Liverpool
“The result and value of the settlement is truly amazing and to say we can't thank you guys enough is an understatement! So, our heartfelt thanks especially to you, but also to everyone in your office who have contributed to bring my case to such a successful conclusion.”
Mrs J, Liverpool