As an FUW member you’re entitled to discounted legal advice in matters relating to personal injury and, where appropriate, legal representation.
Slater and Gordon have a long history representing unions and their members and have unique insight and experience of the issues you face. They represent thousands of union members every year and have developed a bespoke service for FUW where both you and your family can claim.
FUW personal injury legal scheme
If you or your family have been hurt in any of the following and it wasn’t your fault, we can help:
- A road traffic accident
- An accident and illness abroad
- A slipping or tripping accident
- Medical negligence
Contact the dedicated FUW personal injury advice and compensation advice line on 0808 175 8000 or FUW@SlaterGordon.co.uk
Please note that accident must have happened in the last three years.
FUW clinical negligence legal scheme
Slater and Gordon also have a specialist team to handle clinical or medical negligence claims. If you have a concern about the medical treatment you received from your GP, the NHS or a private doctor and wish to obtain legal advice, please call the advice line on Freephone 0808 175 8000 or FUW@SlaterGordon.co.uk
These services are available to you and your family.
When making an enquiry about any of the services please have your FUW membership number available.
Slater and Gordon will help you claim for any compensation you’re due.
We know that when you go to a professional for help the last thing you expect is negligent advice which results in you suffering a loss. However, professionals do make mistakes and the professional negligence lawyers at Slater and Gordon specialise in resolving these mistakes through negotiation, arbitration or mediation.
If the dispute results in litigation they have the expertise and the resources to follow it all the way through. With particular expertise in dealing with professional negligence cases such as:
- Solicitors, barristers or any legal professionals who have made mistakes
- Solicitors who settled a personal injury claim for too little money
- Poor legal advice that subsequently doesn’t work for you
- Problems that arise with buying or selling property, in particular poor advice from an estate agent, surveyor or an architect
- Trusts and estates that have been wrongly managed
- Incorrectly drafted wills – in conjunction with our colleagues in our contentious probate department
- Professionals who miss deadlines
- Accountants, surveyors or any professional who has not advised you properly
As a member of FUW you are entitled to 15% discount on professional negligence services. To make an enquiry without any obligation call on Freephone 0808 175 8000 or FUW@SlaterGordon.co.uk