Bristol man awarded £70, 000 in compensation after being exposed to asbestos
16 September 2009
Our client brought a case against C W Jones Flooring; he worked for the Bedminster-based company on and off from 1963 to 2005. The 76-year-old worked as a floor layer for 42 years and had regular contact with asbestos without realising the dangers. In recent years, Mr. Doherty had lost five friends to asbestos related diseases all of whom he met whilst working on floor laying contracts.Mr Doherty noticed something was wrong when he started to suffer a shortness of breath. It was discovered that he had fluid on his lung and after further tests were conducted he was diagnosed with mesothelioma.
Represented by one of our specialist Mesothelioma solicitors, the case was settled out of court three weeks before it was due to be heard. The settlement value of £70, 000 was awarded to our client allowing him to undergo intensive care as inevitably Mr Doherty’s symptoms will worsen.