To obtain a dissolution your partner will need to prove to the Court that your civil partnership has irretrievably broken down.

The Court will accept one or more of the following facts as proof:

  • That you have behaved in such a way that your partner cannot reasonably be expected to continue to live with you;
  • That you have deserted your partner for at least two years;
  • That you and your partner have lived separately and apart for two years and you consent to a dissolution;
  • That you and your partner have lived apart for a continuous period of at least five years.

This legal advice guide provides you with a step by step guide to the stages of a dissolution.

Respondents Guide to Dissolution Legal Advice Guide