Slater and Gordon Lawyers provide legal advice and give clear assistance on all issues which may arise for landlords when dealing with rental properties. Call our specialist property solicitors who deal with legal advice for landlords on freephone 0808 175 8000 or contact us online.
When dealing with any legal issue for landlords we endeavour to provide advice and assistance that is commercially beneficial and also cost effective.
Legal areas in which we can assist landlords with advice include:
- Drafting tenancy agreements and guarantees
- Advising in relation to all aspects necessary to ensure that any assured shorthold tenancy is correct and enforceable
- Evicting tenants and recovering the landlords premises
- Advising in all aspects in relation to Rent Act protected tenants (“Sitting Tenants”)
- Claiming rent arrears and damages from former tenants
- Advising in respect of houses in multiple occupations, and assisting in the legal requirements that flow from that.
As well as these we can also assist landlords in other legal matters that can follow from property ownership such as:
- Advising leaseholders in respect of acquiring a share of the freehold or common hold interest in their property
- Challenging excessive service charge claims
- Assisting with problem neighbours
- Boundary disputes
Some landlords can experience problems with tenants and as a landlord you need to know you have a team who can help with these issues should they arise. Our dedicated team have a huge amount of experience giving legal advice to landlords on rental properties.
Slater and Gordon Lawyers is one of the UK's largest and well known law firms with offices in London, Manchester, Watford, Liverpool, Chester, Birmingham, Sheffield, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Cambridge, Milton Keynes, Preston, Wakefield and Wrexham.