Slater and Gordon Lawyers offer a free consultation for people injured in a winter sports accident. Call our No Win, No Fee Solicitors 24 hours 7 days a week on freephone 0800 916 9046 or contact us online. From outside the UK please call 0161 830 4446
We all enjoy a little adventure now and again. For some, this comes in the form of winter sports. However, with thousands of holidaymakers making their way to the slopes every year, accidents do occur.
If you have been involved in a winter sports accident, we may be able to assist.
How Does it Work?
If you have been involved in an accident while taking part in a winter sport, we will ask you for as much detail as you can provide of the accident.
Depending on the information you provide, we may well advise you to pursue your claim against one or more of the following:
- The ski resort;
- The tour operator you bought the holiday from;
- The tour company organising the winter sports activity;
- Another winter sports tourist, if they were responsible;
- The company that hired or manufactured the equipment you were using.
Tips Following a Winter Sports Injury
If you suffer an accident on the slopes and if you are able to do so, take the following steps to help us help you:
- Take a note of the name, address and insurer of the person that collided with you (if applicable);
- Take a note of the piste service that assisted you and request a copy of their report;
- Take photographs of where the accident happened, to help us understand the mechanics of it;
- Take photographs of any defects you consider were to blame for your accident;
- Take names and addresses of any witnesses to your accident and ask them if they would be happy for us to contact them.
Act quickly in seeking advice. Time limits to pursue a compensation case vary depending on a number of circumstances.
Claims for winter sports accidents will often be subject to the law of the country where the accident occurred. In some EU jurisdictions the time limit can be as little as one year, so we always recommend seeking urgent advice to protect your position.
Call our No Win, No Fee Solicitors on freephone 0800 916 9046 or claim online and we’ll call you.
Solicitors at Slater and Gordon Lawyers are members of the Law Society Personal Injury Panel, the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL) & the Pan European Organisation of Personal Injury Lawyers (PEOPIL).