If your child has had an accident where someone else was either fully or partly to blame, we can help you to claim compensation on their behalf. Please contact our children’s accident claims team on freephone 0800 916 9046 or use our online contact form to start your claim.
Our areas of expertise
Our personal injury solicitors have extensive experience in all kinds of cases involving children. Our expertise includes:
- Road traffic accidents or cycling accidents. Just like adults, children have a right to compensation if they’re injured in a road traffic accident or cycling accident if someone else was partially or fully at fault and the incident could’ve been avoided. If this has happened to your child, you can seek compensation on their behalf. It’s important to be aware that motor insurers often attempt to settle these claims directly, and this could mean your child receives less compensation than they deserve. By getting in touch with us, you can help to ensure this doesn’t happen. We’ll bring our combined knowledge to bear on your case to ensure the most favorable outcome for your child.
- Dangerous products. If your child is injured by a product as a result of a design flaw or fault, you can pursue a claim for compensation on their behalf. Examples of this kind include electrical products exploding or getting too hot and causing burns, or a product with sharp edges causing an injury.
- School injuries. Accidents at school are commonplace, particularly in the playground. However, parents rightly expect schools to keep children safe and to carry out the required health and safety measures to prevent injury wherever possible. Examples of avoidable school injuries include those caused by faulty play equipment, poor supervision or unsafe practical experiments in class.
- Injuries in a public place. Has your child tripped and fallen due to a poorly maintained pavement or sustained an injury in a public building such as a library, park or swimming pool? Any injury in a public place like this could lead to a successful compensation claim if it’s found that a private business or public organisation (such as your local council) failed in their duty to keep members of the public safe.
- Medical or clinical negligence. If a mistake is made during medical care or a surgical procedure involving your child, it could cause life-changing injuries. Even if the injury is relatively minor, you may still be left out of pocket as a result of medical expenses and for support to help your child recover from the distress and pain of what happened. Our specialists are here to help you claim compensation in cases like this.
- Accidents at work. Under the eyes of the law, a child is a person under the age of 18. This means that children’s accident claims can also involve accidents at work. With extensive experience in pursuing compensation for injuries suffered at work, we’re also perfectly placed to help in these cases.
If any of the above has affected your family or you’re unsure whether or not you’ve a valid claim, simply contact our personal injury specialists to find out more.
Please call Slater and Gordon Lawyers on freephone 0800 916 9046 for immediate, expert advice you can rely on. You can also make an enquiry online and we’ll be in touch to arrange an initial consultation.
Determining whether or not you have a claim
We all know that children can be prone to taking risks and suffering accidents, but there are also occasions when accidents and injuries could’ve been prevented. If it can be proven that someone else’s negligence or failure to put the proper health and safety measures in place caused or contributed to what happened, you could be entitled to claim compensation on behalf of your child.
How to start a children’s accident claim
The first step is to call our personal injury solicitors with all of the details of what happened, including the date, time and location of the accident. Any proof you can provide, from images to the contact details of witnesses, will also be extremely helpful. Our children’s accident claims team will analyse your case and advise whether or not you’ve a valid claim. They’ll also be able to provide an estimate of how much compensation you could receive if you’re successful in your case.
Choose Slater and Gordon to make a No Win, No Fee claim
If you’re worried about how much it’ll cost to pursue a children’s accident claim, we’re here to put your mind at ease. Unlike some law firms, Slater and Gordon Lawyers provides personal injury assistance on a No Win, No Fee basis in more than 98% of our cases.
Also known as a Conditional Fee Agreement, this means you won’t pay anything if your claim is unsuccessful.
Our No Win, No Fee service offers peace of mind that you can pursue your claim at no financial risk. What’s more, our transparent and upfront approach to explaining costs means you can plan ahead and will never face any unexpected bills as the case progresses.
We’re personal injury specialists
As well as being one of the UK’s largest law firms, with offices in major cities and towns across the UK, Slater and Gordon Lawyers is also a personal injury specialist. We’ve expert solicitors in all locations with extensive experience in personal injury cases involving children. We’ll treat your case with sensitivity and the utmost professionalism to secure a positive outcome for your family as quickly, smoothly and with as little stress as possible.
To ask a question or to start a personal injury claim on behalf of a child, please contact the Slater and Gordon Lawyers team. Use our online contact form or call our 24/7 freephone claims line on 0800 916 9046. If you and your family need our help, we won’t let you down.