Susan Swan Solicitor, Criminal Defence
Susan is a Criminal Defence Solicitor at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in Birmingham.
She has significant experience representing clients in a wide range of criminal defence cases at all stages of an investigation and court proceedings.
In particular she is regularly instructed to represent police officers facing criminal and misconduct allegations.
She has also successfully represented clients accused of a large range of offences including serious offences of violence, murder and attempted murder and sexual offences including allegations of rape and sexual assault.
In addition she has experience of defending clients in relation to allegations of fraud and dishonesty.
Sue advises clients on a regular basis in relation motoring offences, from driving without due care and attention through to death by dangerous driving.
She has also called upon to advise police officers in relation to incidents arising out of emergency response and is occasionally instructed by the Royal College of Nursing (RCN).
- Criminal defence
- Police criminal investigation
- Police misconduct
- Attempted murder
- Sexual assault
- Road traffic offences
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Chambers and Partners: Susan is "calm, confident and reassuring." She is a solicitor who has “attracted attention for her work in complex, multi-defendant trials and representation of professionals in sexual abuse cases."
- Since 2012 Slater and Gordon
- 2004 – 2012 Russell Jones and Walker
- 2002 – 2004 Oldhams Solicitors
- Cambridge University