Back to Our Experts
National Practice Group Leader, Business Legal Services
Stephen is a national practice group leader for business legal services and a commercial property lawyer at Slater and Gordon in Manchester.
He advises a wide range of private, public and third sector clients on property matters.
He has helped developers, registered providers, the Homes and Communities Agency (HCA) and local authorities on issues such as acquisition, disposal and the establishment of residential, commercial and mixed use developments.
He has also provided legal guidance on transactions involving contaminated land and has substantial experience acting for schools in the state and independent sectors on a variety of property transactions.
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Legal 500, 2016: "Slater and Gordon fields a strong team, with an excellent depth of knowledge of the property industry". Stephen has "excellent communication and negotiation skills".
- Legal 500 2015:
"The ‘excellent’ team at Slater and Gordon is led by Stephen Lintott. It was appointed to act for the Homes and Communities Agency in relation to the £474m Local Infrastructure Fund. Stephen Chalcraft is ‘first rate’; Stephen Crook is ‘detailed, thorough and commercial’; and Samantha Blackburn is also recommended. “
Social Housing: “The ‘very knowledgeable and insightful’ Stephen Lintott heads the team at Slater and Gordon, which stands out for its expertise in development projects.”
- Chambers and Partners: “A leader in his field.”
- Legal 500: Stephen is “very commercial and technically very strong”.
- Winner of the UK real estate Client Choice award 2015.
- Chambers and Partners 2016: "He is very experienced with different property deals."
- Chambers and Partners 2017: "National head of real estate Stephen Lintott is regarded as an "excellent lawyer" by sources, who further describe him as "very effective, with an acute commercial awareness."
- Since 2013 Slater and Gordon
- 1993 – 2013 Pannone Solicitors
- Pembroke College, Oxford
- College of Law, Chester
- Member of the Bolton and Bury local board of the NSPCC
- Formerly non-executive director of Central Salford URC
- Formerly a governor of a local primary