Sarah Thompson Principal Lawyer, Family Law
Sarah is a Family Lawyer at Slater and Gordon in Manchester.
She is an expert divorce lawyer with particular expertise in sorting out the division of financial assets.
She also handles cases for cohabiting couples and property disputes upon separation as well as pre and postnuptial agreements.
Her extensive caseload covers a range of clients from those with modest assets right through to those which have high net worth and are high profile.
Often the latter involve foreign properties, investment portfolios and complex pension agreements.
In all cases, she gives realistic advice from the start and guides clients calmly and effectively through what can be one of the most emotional and stressful times of their lives.
In May 2014, Slater and Gordon published Family Law Made Simple, a practical guide to relationship breakdown. Sarah was the main contributor to the book which talks through the obstacles people face when divorcing and dispels many myths about family law.
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Chambers and Partners: Sarah is “extremely professional and approachable”.
- Legal 500: "Very capable", "Sarah Thompson deals with complex ancillary relief cases, and is a bright lawyer with a calm approach".
- Since 2010 Slater and Gordon
- 2005 - 2010 Gorvins Solicitors
- 2003 – 2005 Vaira and Riley, USA
- 1996 – 2003 CMA Solicitors
- Member of Separation Solutions, Manchester's collaborative law group
- Member of Manchester and District Medico-Legal Society
- Member of Resolution
- Member of The Law Society