Ruby Dinsmore Principal Lawyer, Employment
Ruby is a Principal Lawyer in our employment team at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in London.
Ruby advises employees on all aspects of employment law and particularly on exit strategy and negotiations, disability discrimination, and contractual disputes.
Ruby is commended by her clients as ‘professional and pragmatic’ and for her ‘accessible and understanding approach’ and for her ‘tough negotiation skills’.
Whilst Ruby now acts exclusively for individuals, her clients benefit from her previous experience acting on behalf of businesses in her keen awareness of the employer/Respondent tactics in employment disputes.
Additionally, Ruby advises clients on Unfair Dismissals (Misconduct, Performance/Capability, and Redundancy), Unlawful Discrimination (Sex, Maternity, Sexual Orientation, Age, Religion and Belief), Equal Pay Disputes, Contractual Disputes (Bonus, Restrictive Covenants and Withdrawal of Benefits) and Strategic Exit Planning (Exit Negotiations and Settlement Agreements
She is a regular speaker and media commentator on employment law issues and keen social media blogger on employment law.
- Senior executive exits
- Disability discrimination
- Executive settlements and settlement agreements
- Flexible working
- Equal pay
- Contract negotiation
- Complex disability discrimination (including personal injury and permanent health insurance), data breach and unfair dismissal claim against local council for a Senior Manager;
- High value unfair dismissal and breach of contract/bonus claim (including shareholder considerations) for former COO of an international travel company;
- High value disability and sex discrimination claim against national, maintenance and project management company for a Senior Manager;
- Complex unfair dismissal and equal pay claim against multinational independent school for Senior Tutor;
- High profile whistleblowing action and unfair dismissal against Surrey NHS Trust for Clinical Lead Consultant of NHS Trust.
- Settlement agreements
- Since Dec 2018: Slater and Gordon Lawyers UK
- 2015-2018: Fortis Law Limited & Cognitive Law Limited
- 2012-2015: Loch Associates Employment Law Limited
- 2010-2012: Acumen Business Law Limited
- 2007-2010: Mayo Wynne Baxter LLP
- 2006-2007: College of Law, Guildford - Legal Practice Course
- 2005-2006: Sussex University – Common Professional Exam (CPE) Faculty of Law
- 1992-1996: Trinity College Dublin - Faculty of Mental and Moral Science (Philosophy: Hons)
- Member of the Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)
- Member of the Law Society
- Member of the Discrimination Lawyers Association
- Member of the Irish Women Lawyers Network