Robert Newbould Principal Lawyer, Criminal and Misconduct
Rob is a Principal Lawyer (Partner) and works from both our London and Birmingham Offices.
Rob heads a team of Lawyers within the department and he has considerable experience in representing those concerned in all aspects of criminal and disciplinary proceedings, from investigation and interview stage through to advocacy in the criminal courts and at misconduct hearings.
The team deals with a wide array of criminal cases, from road traffic to murder and is known for its consistently high standard of representation and success rates.
Many of the cases Rob deals with are highly complex and sensitive in nature and profile and include matters of corruption and white collar fraud. Several of the cases that Rob is currently instructed in have attracted significant press interest and Rob has successfully represented individuals concerned in the infamous ‘Plebgate’ and Operation Elveden enquiries.
Rob regularly receives instructions from the Police Federation of England and Wales and is experienced in representing police officers, special constables and police staff who face criminal, regulatory and misconduct allegations. Rob often represents officers and staff in relation to post incident procedures (following police firearms incidents, death in police custody and high speed driving pursuits) and within coronial proceedings.
As a leader in the field, Rob is regularly instructed to provide legal advice and training to the Police Federation of England and Wales and its members at both a national and local level.
Rob is also instructed to represent professionals subject to investigation such as barristers, doctors, nurses, paramedics and accountants and within regulatory proceedings brought by the BSB, GMC, NMC, HCPC and the ACCA.
- Criminal and disciplinary investigations and proceedings
- Post incident procedures and coronial law
- Since 2017: Slater and Gordon Lawyers UK
- 2014-2017: Cartwright King Solicitors, Nationwide
- 2014-2014: Andrews Angel Solicitors, London
- 2005-2013: Taylor Haldane Barlex Solicitors
- Higher Rights of Audience (2012)
- Roll of Solicitors Admission (2007)
- LPC - College of Law, London (2005)
- LLB (Hons) - City University London (2004)
- Member of the Association of Regulatory Lawyers
- Member of the Fraud Lawyers Association