Rachel Seddon Solicitor, Military
Rachel is a Solicitor and APIL Accredited Senior Litigator with broad experience in serious injury and clinical negligence work, including claims involving delays in diagnosis and treatment, employers’ and product liability. In recent years, she has built up expertise in Armed Forces/Ministry of Defence litigation (both in the county and high courts) acting and advising, predominantly, for serving military personnel, veterans and their families, leading a fatal and serious injury team. She also represents Armed Forces Compensation Scheme applicants and is starting to accept instructions to advocate at tribunal.
She acts for clients with high value claims for loss of career or financial dependency following death or medical discharge from service and her work can involve cross-border issues and complex liability disputes relating to the provision of appropriate equipment, injury in the course of service and combat immunity.
Rachel is regularly instructed in climatic injury and PTSD cases and has also been instructed in some of the earliest psychiatric injury claims relating to the anti-malarial drug, Lariam. She is also expanding her practice area to include claims for bullying and harassment.
She has recently settled a fatal injury claim arising from Snatch Land Rover litigation and has secured substantial interim payments to expedite the obtaining of more suitable prostheses for a former soldier.
- Military/Ministry of Defence cases
- Armed Forces Compensation Scheme
- Catastrophic injury
- Inquests and fatal injury
- Psychiatric injury/mental health including PTSD
- Criminal Injuries Compensation Scheme
- Assault, bullying and harassment
- Clinical negligence including failure to consent and delay in diagnosis and treatment
- Since 2018 - Slater and Gordon Lawyers
- 2013 to 2018 - NHS Panel Law Firm
- 2006 to 2013 - Shoosmiths
- College of Law, Chester
- University of Central Lancashire (Common Professional Examination)
- University of Liverpool