Back to Our Experts
Senior Principal Lawyer, Employment & Partnership
Paul is an employment lawyer with Slater and Gordon Lawyers in London.
According to the independent legal directory the Legal 500, Paul is a leading national individual in employment and is "widely considered to be one of the finest litigators acting for employees in the UK."
He has expertise in all areas of employment law, discrimination, whistleblowing, contract disputes and sport. He regularly advises employees on redundancy, unfair dismissal, maternity discrimination and shareholder/bonus disputes.
The kind of cases he is involved in tend to be complex, high value and high profile and he frequently acts for partners, fund managers, top city executives and sports stars.
Recent employment law cases include:
- Representing a leading city executive on a multimillion pound whistleblowing and unfair dismissal case in the High Court/employment tribunal
- Advising Oisin Tymon, a BBC producer allegedly punched and assaulted by Jeremy Clarkson, Top Gear presenter
- Representing the England manager Roy Hodgson on his England contract negotiation
- Representing six different premiership football managers in high profile employment disputes
- Representing a senior fund manager on a multimillion pound whistleblowing, discrimination and unfair dismissal case in the High Court/employment tribunal
- Representing a senior partner in a complex disability discrimination case against a Magic Circle law firm
- Advising a city executive on a complex and high value “team move” case in the High Court
- Advising a female director in the city on maternity discrimination, leading to a substantial termination package and a compromise agreement.
Paul’s sport clients have included David Moyes, Andre Villas Boas, Mark Hughes, Paul Lambert, Avram Grant, Steve Mclaren, Nigel Adkins and Alex Mcleish, as well as numerous other confidential cases involving premiership and current international footballers, top executives involved in the Olympics, and leading cricketers and rugby players.
Paul has also been involved in numerous cross border and international cases and is a founder member and Joint Chair of LINEE, the Lawyers’ International Network for Executives.
Leonie Browning assists Paul with his cases and their details can be found here.
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Chambers and Partners: “Renowned for his adroit representation of a number of Premier League football managers, Paul Daniels in described by sources as being both a ‘fierce litigator’ and a ‘tough negotiator’. He ranks as a “leader in the field” of employment law, and is described as a "fighter who is very good on high-profile cases."
- Chambers and Partners: Paul Daniels is recognised as "a very tenacious claimant lawyer who will go the extra mile to get the best results" for his clients.
- Chambers and Partners 2017 Band 1: Paul is particularly renowned by peers for employment litigation and he often assists clients with complex whistle-blowing cases.
- Since 1995 Slater and Gordon
- 1991 – 1995 Linklaters law firm
- Sits as a part-time employment judge following his appointment in 2005
- Founder member and Joint chair of LINEE, the Lawyers’ International Network for Executives