Patrick Walsh Principal Lawyer, Industrial Disease
Patrick is an industrial disease lawyer at Slater and Gordon in Manchester.
He has specialised in industrial disease claims - with principal emphasis on mesothelioma and asbestos related illness - since 1987.
He acts only on behalf of claimants and their families and has handled a number of the lead cases in disease litigation.
As an expert in his field, Patrick is frequently asked to provide media commentary in relation to asbestos disease and mesothelioma issues.
He has also lectured on a number of professionally accredited courses including those for APIL, LexisNexis, and the Expert Witness Institute.
- Since 2014 Slater and Gordon
- 2005 – 2014 Pannone Solicitors
- 1989 – 2005 John Pickering and Partners
- Manchester University
- Manchester Metropolitan University
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Chambers and Partners 2016: Patrick is an "incredibly knowledgeable" practitioner.
- Legal 500 2016: "has an encyclopaedic knowledge of disease law."
- Chambers and Partners 2017 Band 1
- Chambers and Partners 2018 Band 1: Sources praise his "vast amount of experience," describing him as a "very insightful lawyer who cuts to the chase and knows exactly what the issues are.”
- Fellow of the Association of Personal Injury lawyers (APIL)
- An APIL accredited asbestos disease specialist
- An APIL accredited occupational disease specialist
- Secretary of the APIL occupational illness special interest group