Jon Nutman Associate, Criminal Defence
Jonathan is a Criminal Defence Lawyer at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in Cardiff.
Jon undertakes general criminal defence work for both institutional and private clients.
He also has experience of coroners’ inquests and disciplinary hearings.
As an accredited police station solicitor, Jon can represent defendants through the investigative and proceedings stages of the criminal justice system, and has pursued cases to the Court of Appeal and to the Administrative Court.
- Criminal defence
- Disciplinary hearings
- Court of Appeal
Commendations from independent legal directories
- Chambers and Partners: "The exceptional Jon Nutman of Slater and Gordon Lawyers has an extensive criminal defence practice. Sources note his ‘outstanding professional ability’ and comment that he approaches cases with ‘the utmost integrity’.”
- Legal 500: "Jon Nutman has a strong track record representing police officers in criminal proceedings. He is also experienced in general criminal defence work, courts martial and judicial reviews". He is “the epitome of a trustworthy, honest and ethical lawyer”.
- Chambers and Partners 2016: "he is just so thorough - he really knows his stuff."
- Legal 500 2016: "professional, knowledgeable and approachable."
- Since 2002 Slater and Gordon
- University of the West of England, Bristol