Joanna Epton Solicitor
Joanna is a Solicitor in the Travel Team at Slater and Gordon in Manchester.
She has a background in medical sciences and has practised in civil litigation and employment, specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence. Joanna has experience of dealing with a wide variety of cases, including some serious and catastrophic injuries.
Joanna started her career as a legal assistant, whilst undertaking the Graduate Diploma in Law, she was working as Head of the Personal Injury Department in that same law firm seven years later. Joanna is passionate about helping the vulnerable and seeking justice for her clients, and has spent the last three years volunteering with Human Rights charities in Ecuador and Spain, becoming fluent in Spanish in the process.
Joanna seeks justice on behalf of those who have suffered as a result of an accident or negligence whilst abroad to ensure that they receive the care and assistance they require to live their lives fully and with dignity.
- Personal injury
- Clinical negligence
- Employer liability
- Public liability
- Accidents abroad
- Serious injury
- Since 2019 Slater and Gordon
- 2016 - 2019 Voluntary Human Rights Work (Ecuador and Spain)
- 2008 – 2015 BG Solicitors LLP (formerly Martin & Haigh)
- DELE Spanish Language Diploma – C1 Level (Professional Level fluency) (Spain)
- LLM in Human Rights Law – Distinction (University of Nottingham)
- Legal Practice Course and Graduate Diploma in Law – Distinction in both. Awarded Law School Prize during both courses for highest overall aggregate mark. Also awarded LLB (Hons) 1st Class (Nottingham Law School)
- BA (Hons) Medical Sciences – 2:1 (Oxford University)