Jane Blank Health and Social Care Consultant, Court of Protection
Jane is a Health and Social Care Consultant working in the Court of Protection team at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in Manchester.
She provides advice on all aspects of health and social care.
She is a qualified social worker and counsellor and worked for more than 20 years in senior positions in several local authority social services departments.
This, together with her excellent relationships with those departments and clinical commissioning groups (CCGs), means she is ideally placed to offer advice and guidance to clients, their families and lay deputies.
She works closely with several local authorities and provides advice to nursing and residential care homes on how to safeguard the interests of their clients.
- Court of Protection
- Continuing health care assessment, reviews and provision of service and dispute resolution
- Social care assessment under section 47 of NHS and Community Care Act 1990
- Direct payments, assessment and provision
- Mental Health Act 1983 – issues relating to section 117 aftercare
- Funding of residential and nursing care placements for older people and those with disabilities
- Adult safeguarding and child protection
- Since 2014 Slater and Gordon
- 2009 - 2014 Pannone Solicitors
- 1998 – 2009 Trafford Borough Council