Jamie Simner Solicitor, Criminal & Misconduct
Jamie is a Solicitor in the criminal defence and misconduct department at our Slater and Gordon office in Birmingham. He works closely with the Police Federation of England and Wales and represents police officers facing criminal and misconduct allegations for both on and off duty matters at all stages of investigations and proceedings initiated by the IOPC and PSD including major crime and anti-corruption teams.
He is experienced in representing clients in a wide range of criminal defence cases at all stages of an investigation and Court proceedings.
He considers advocacy to be one of his main strengths and has experience in representing clients at all types of hearings within the Criminal courts including conducting and preparing complex trials to a very high standard. He has also regularly attended police stations all over the country and represented clients being questioned by the police in interview.
Jamie is also regularly instructed to advise and assist officers and staff who are assessed as Key Police Witnesses at Post Incident Procedures in death and serious injury cases. He advises clients and the Police Federation in relation to IOPC investigations including investigations into fatal police pursuits and other serious matters. Jamie’s main aim is to protect the best interests of Police Officers in these difficult circumstances.
Police criminal investigation
- Post Incident Procedures
- Since 2019 Slater and Gordon
- 2014 - 2019 McGrath & Co Solicitors
- (2017-2018) Cardiff University (Professional) - Criminal Litigation Accreditation (Magistrates Court Qualification)
- (2016-2017) BPP University (Professional) Professional Skills Course
- (2015 Cardiff) University (Professional) Police Station Representatives Accreditation Scheme
- (2013-2014) University of Law, Birmingham (Postgraduate) Legal Practice Course (LPC) & LL.M (Masters) in Professional Legal Practice
- (2010-2013) Birmingham City University (Undergraduate) LLB Bachelor of Laws with Honours – 1st Class Degree
Whilst at university he also completed a summer internship to Oklahoma, United States working with a criminal defence attorney.