Grace Brass Senior Associate, Family Law
Grace is a family law senior associate at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in London.
She represents clients on a variety of family law issues including divorce, dissolution of civil partnerships and the associated financial settlements and disputes involving cohabitation and child arrangements.
Grace is experienced in cohabitation legal matters, pre and post nuptial agreements, parental responsibility, paternity, injunctions, property ownership disputes (TOLATA claims) and Schedule 1 Children Act claims.
She has solely practiced in family law since qualifying as a solicitor in 2008 and has dealt with complex financial matters.
Grace is able to undertake advocacy for her clients within court proceedings from the first hearing through to a final hearing. She has built up a good number of years' experience in the Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire courts.
As a member of Resolution, she is committed to adopting a non-confrontational approach where possible and works to provide proactive, constructive and realistic advice from the start. While she aims to resolve issues amicably where possible, she is a confident and experienced court advocate and is regularly instructed by many clients on the basis of personal recommendations.
Grace has previously spent six years representing the Junior Lawyers Division on the Law Society Council and is now President of the Cambridge and District Law Society and is a Parish Councillor.
- Civil partnership
- Children matters
- Financial settlements
- Pre and post nuptial agreements
- Separation agreements
- TOLATA claims
- Schedule 1 applications
- Since 2017: Slater and Gordon Lawyers UK
- 2014-2016: Tees Law Solicitors
- 2013-2014: Leeds Day Solicitors
- 2012-2013: TV Edwards Solicitors
- 2006-2012: Adlams Solicitors
- Studied at the College of Law, York
- Studied Law with Politics at the University of Durham
- Member of Resolution, a national organisation of family lawyers committed to resolving family disputes in a non-confrontational approach
- President of the Cambridgeshire and District Law Society
- Member of the Law Society Family Law Committee