Deborah Johnson Practice Development Leader, Personal Injury
Deborah is a Senior Personal Injury Solicitor at Slater and Gordon in Birmingham and Manchester.
She represents people who have suffered life-changing injuries or who are bereaved.
As the head of the practice for road traffic accidents, she represents clients who have suffered horrific brain and spinal injuries and amputations and knows the importance of facilitating rehabilitation as quickly as possible.
Deborah has also represented families who have lost loved ones and acted as their voice during emotional and distressing inquests.
On top of this she liaises with organisations that support clients, coordinating projects with charities, professional bodies and other agencies. This includes providing input on the training of police family liaison officers.
Commendations from Independent Legal Directories
- Chambers and Partners: Deborah is recognised for “her ability to relate to the client” as well as being a “good negotiator of claims”
- Chambers and Partners 2016: Deborah has "good negotiation skills and good judgement."
- Since 2013 Slater and Gordon
- 2005 - 2013 Fentons Solicitors
- 1993 – 2005 Irwin Mitchell
- College of Law, Chester
- University of Keele
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- Member of the Law Society
- Chair of the board of trustees at charity BRAKE
- Supporter of the Spinal Injuries Association, Headway, the Limbless Association and FLACSS (Family Liaison and Co-ordination of Support Services) charities and organisations
- An active trainer of police family liaison officers
- German speaker