Claire Tait Solicitor, Employment
Claire is an employment law solicitor at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in Cardiff with experience in advising clients on a wide range of issues, including settlement agreements, negotiated exits, redundancy, unfair dismissal, disability discrimination, equal pay and contractual issues.
She has particular experience acting for clients with mental health conditions who are pursuing disability discrimination claims and has successfully resolved cases including failure to make reasonable adjustments for her clients.
As well as acting for individuals, Claire has dealt with a significant number of collective claims for employees, including settling multi-million pound equal pay claims and running blacklisting cases in the High Court. She has advised on the employment law issues arising out of large closures of mines in South Wales and has directed employees on the redundancy process, apprenticeship contracts and duty consultation.
- Constructive/unfair dismissal
- Settlement agreements
- Equal pay
- Collective disputes
- Industrial action
- Bullying and harassment
- Holiday pay
- Mass litigation
- Breach of contract
- Since 2016 - Slater and Gordon
- 2008 - 2016 - Thompsons Solicitors
- Studied LPC at the University of the West of England, Bristol
- Studied MSC in Human Resource Management at Glamorgan University
- Studied LLB Law at Plymouth University
- Member of the Cardiff and district Law Society
- Member of ILS
- Member of ELA