Asher Burton Senior Associate, Clinical Negligence
Asher is a Senior Associate in the Clinical Negligence Department at Slater and Gordon Lawyers in Manchester. She has over 13 years litigation experience and is an APIL accredited Senior Litigator.
Asher's legal career began in 2006 when she joined a niche firm as a paralegal specialising in dental negligence. From there she commenced her training contract to become a Solicitor. Upon qualification, she obtained valuable experience in a broad range of clinical negligence cases including cerebral palsy and brain injury cases. She also had conduct of multiple pharmaceutical product liability cases in the context of a Group Litigation Order.
So far in her career with her expertise and specialist knowledge in this complex area of law, Asher has brought successful cases for her clients which have included wrongful birth, surgical error, orthopaedic mistakes, cauda equina and failure to diagnose cancer.
- Clinical Negligence
- Birth injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Surgical error
- Orthopaedic mistakes
- Cauda equina
- Brain injury
- Cancer misdiagnosis
- Since April 2019 Slater and Gordon
- 2013 – 2019 2020 Legal Limited (t/a Camps and YLF)
- 2011 – 2012 Express Solicitors
- 2008 – 2011 Lees Solicitors (now Jackson Lees)
- 2006 – 2008 The Dental Law Partnership
- 2005 – 2006 Storrar Cowdry Solicitors - conveyancing
- College of Law, Chester
- Staffordshire University
- Member of the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers (APIL)
- APIL accredited Senior Litigator
- The 2017 Chambers UK Guide to the Legal Profession described the team Asher was part of as ‘very responsive and on the ball’.