Road traffic accident claims
The micase RTA platform is a claims portal for those who have suffered whiplash injuries in road traffic accidents. Here we answer some of your frequently asked questions.
No Win No Fee whiplash injury experts
Why use micase for your whiplash injury claim?
- Simple, straightforward and easy to use
- Access to your claim's progress 27/7 on any device
- Legal representation by experts in road traffic accidents
- No Win No Fee funding so there's no financial risk
Register your No Win No Fee whiplash injury on micaseRegister your claim
The micase RTA platform is a new innovative self-serve platform which enables you to seek compensation for whiplash injuries to prevent you from having to represent yourself without legal advice and to ensure you don’t end up out of pocket.
We understand that you may have questions about micase, so have answered some of the most frequently asked questions here.
How do I create an account?
Setting up an account is quick and straightforward to do. Simply to get to the micase platform. You can set up an account using your Google account, your Facebook account or by using your email and setting up a password. Once you’ve set up your account, you can begin completing your questionnaire.
What happens if I forget my password?
Don’t worry if you forget your password. There’s a message on the login page which directs you on what you should do if you forget your password. Simply follow the instructions provided to set up your new password.
Is my information secure?
Yes. All the information you submit on the platform is fully secure and safe.
What if I need to speak to someone?
The majority of your case will be done by our experts online, however there are occasions when they may need to speak to you to clarify something and there may be occasions when you need to speak to them. If you do need to speak to them, simply find the email icon on the bottom right of the screen. Complete your query and one of our experts will be in touch.
What happens if I have any technical issues?
If you have any technical issues, simply find the email icon on the bottom right of the screen, complete your query and one of our experts will be in touch.
Am I able to represent myself rather than using micase RTA?
The micase platform is designed to remove the burden of dealing with the claim yourself, so you can get on with more important things, like focussing on your recovery.
How much do you get for a whiplash claim?
The amount of compensation for your pain and suffering will depend upon the length of time your symptoms lasted. The tariffs for compensation you can receive for whiplash injuries are:
- Symptoms lasting up to 3 months: £240
- Symptoms lasting 3-6 months: £495
- Symptoms lasting 6-9 months: £840
- Symptoms lasting 9-12 months: £1,320
- Symptoms lasting 12-15 months: £2,040
- Symptoms lasting 15-18 months: £3,005
- Symptoms lasting 18-24 months: £4,215
These amounts have a slight uplift if you've also suffered minor psychological injuries in addition to the whiplash injuries. These tariffs are:
- Symptoms lasting up to 3 months: £260
- Symptoms lasting 3-6 months: £520
- Symptoms lasting 6-9 months: £895
- Symptoms lasting 9-12 months: £1,390
- Symptoms lasting 12-15 months: £2,125
- Symptoms lasting 15-18 months: £3,100
- Symptoms lasting 18-24 months: £4,345
The courts are able to make the decision to increase the amount you receive for your pain and suffering but only in cases of exceptional circumstances, such as if the whiplash injuries are considered to be ‘exceptionally severe’.
In addition to the compensation for your pain and suffering, you can also claim any out of pocket expenses, for example, if you’ve lost wages as a result of being unable to work, have had medical expenses such as prescriptions and over the counter medication or treatment expenses such as physiotherapy. Where the overall claim, for both pain and suffering and any out of pocket expenses, totals more than £10,000, the case will be dealt with under the current rules and will not be affected by the whiplash reforms.
What’s the cost of using micase RTA?
The last thing you need is to pay for legal representation and end up out of pocket, even if you win your case. So, Slater and Gordon are providing legal representation through a No Win No Fee agreement. What this means is, if you don’t win your case, you don’t pay any fees and if you win your case, you’ll be charged a 25% fee of your compensation. Therefore, there’s no financial risk to you and you’ll not end up out of pocket.
There is however an exception to this rule. If it’s found that you've acted dishonestly or maliciously in making the claim or if you're found in breach of your agreement with us, you might liable to pay costs. We always ensure that you have the full facts straight from the very beginning.
Who’s affected by the whiplash reforms?
Not everyone with a whiplash claim valued at less than £5,000 will be affected by the whiplash reforms. The following are exempt:
1. If your accident happened in Scotland
2. If you’re a vulnerable road users - Their definition of a vulnerable road user is someone who at the time of the accident was:
- Riding a motorcycle
- The passenger of a motorcycle, either a pillion passenger or sidecar passenger
- Using a wheelchair, powered wheelchair or mobility scooter
- Cycling on a bicycle or other pedal cycle
- Riding a horse
- A pedestrian
3. Children and other protected parties such as those who lack the mental capacity to deal with their own affairs
4. If the driver at fault for the accident or the injured person dies
5. If you’re bankrupt at the time of the accident
6. If the vehicle of the driver at fault is registered outside of the UK
If you fall into one of the categories above, you can still make a claim for whiplash injuries. The only difference is the claims process you follow will be the same as other personal injury claims and not the process set by the whiplash reforms.
What should I do if I decide to use micase RTA for my whiplash claim?
Micase Road Traffic Accident Platform
Our innovative self-service online claims portal has revolutionised the way we access legal services. Following the whiplash reforms, there's no need to go it alone as a Litigant in Person. Micase provides expert legal advice and representation at your fingertips, without any financial risk to you.
Everything is moving along quickly and smoothly. Good professional service I'm glad I chose Slater and Gordon. Kenny Jackson
Excellent communication, in constant contact with the latest info regarding your case. David
Really helpful and always on the other side of the phone if needed. Quick and easy service. Ashley