Have you or a member of your family received a diagnosis of mesothelioma?
If you or a family member have been diagnosed with mesothelioma then you should be able to make a compensation claim.
Call freephone 0808 175 8000 for a No Obligation, Free Consultation if you or a family member has received a diagnosis of mesothelioma.
- We work on a No Win No Fee basis - There is no financial risk to you.
- Specialist Mesothelioma Lawyers.
- Expert Personal Injury Lawyers in England, Scotland & Wales.
- Law Society Accredited.
- You speak to a lawyer from day one.
- Offices across UK in a location to suit you.
Mesothelioma is the cancer virtually always caused by earlier exposure to asbestos (some 15 - 40 years ago). It can be caused by small doses of asbestos and so an idea of your contact with it is a good start. But even if you can't remember it is still important for you to seek legal advice from us straight away. Some people prefer a spouse or family member to speak on your behalf and this is quite common.
There are many ways a person can develop Mesothelioma, these include:
- Exposure to asbestos took place many years ago
- You have worked for numerous employers
- Your employer went out of business years ago
- You were self-employed or a contractor at the time of exposure
- You had secondary exposure e.g. washing relatives' clothes
- You can also claim on behalf of a deceased relative
Despite being aware of the dangers of asbestos exposure, many UK companies still put their employees at risk through contact with asbestos fibres in the workplace. Mesothelioma compensation is claimed from the insurers of the company who are at fault for allowing you to come into such contact with asbestos. Often these companies ceased to exist a long time ago but compensation would come from the insurers. So it is important that you contact a specialist mesothelioma solicitor as soon as possible as we have access to information and databases not available to the general public to help trace the insurers of businesses, as well as contacts who help to find them.
How can Slater and Gordon help?
If you have just been diagnosed with mesothelioma, we think that it is important for one of our specialist mesothelioma solicitors to come out and see you where it is convenient and as soon as possible. This is so that we can discuss the time when you were in contact with asbestos and to take a proper statement from you. Don’t worry if you can’t remember it all – our solicitor can help you find the information.
If you wish to make an industrial disease compensation claim a Slater and Gordon mesothelioma solicitor will be able to handle all aspects of your claim and with our expertise, guide you through not just the compensation process but other processes such as claiming benefits.
We understand that clients have individual needs and by visiting you in your home or somewhere convenient to you we can understand your needs from the start. Because of the serious nature of these cases, your industrial disease claim will have priority and our specialist mesothelioma solicitors will explain to you the special rules of these compensation claims, which are intended to help you.
By talking to a Mesothelioma solicitor as soon as possible you will increase your chance of securing compensation. This is because compensation is only paid where there is blame for your industrial disease and we can help fight to prove this.
What you can claim for
Compensation awarded to those suffering from mesothelioma represents different elements. Some of these are:
- The illness itself
- Loss of earnings
- Any items you need to purchase as a result of the disease, from aids around the home to different foods to those usually purchased, to mobility aids.
- An amount to reflect the care provided by those you know, separate from any fees you may have paid to professionals for this
- Any losses to other family members
- Travelling expenses to hospital or medical appointments
Many other items can be claimed for but these are just some examples.
If you think you have a case for compensation, or require further legal advice or assistance, why not call our freephone helpline on 0808 175 8101 or fill in the brief industrial disease claim form.
Our solicitors always treat our clients with compassion and respect. We understand that monetary compensation does not begin to alleviate the distress caused by Mesothelioma, but we hope to help relieve some of the anxieties resulting from the diagnosis and treatment for those affected by Mesothelioma.