24 July 2012
Family seeking £100k in industrial disease claim
Compensation of £100,000 is being sought by the family of a woman who passed away from mesothelioma.
According to the Yorkshire Evening Post, the loved ones of Sheila Dobson - who died from the lung condition at the age of 59 in October 2009 - are taking legal action against Leeds City Council on the basis she was exposed to asbestos while working for the authority.
It is believed that Ms Dobson came into contact with the lethal substance during her time working at the body's Youth Employment Office from 1967 to 1971.
The family's writ on her behalf, which has been served to the Royal Courts of Justice in London, indicates that the lagging in the basement cafeteria was in poor condition and had asbestos-based insulation.
"Significant quantities of respirable asbestos fibres and dust were shed from the lagging as a result of vibration, physical contact and air movement within the basement," the document adds.
Contact our accident and injury solicitors on 0800 916 9046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like advice on any personal injury matter
Posted by Francesca Witney
Related Industry NewsRSS feed
Thursday 08th May 2014
Tuesday 15th April 2014