Personal injury compensation could be sought by a family after a serious head injury sustained by a man during an accident at work resulted in his death.
Martyn Massie passed away in June 2010 after an incident occurred as he operated at Pitmachie Garage in the Aberdeenshire village of Insch.
At the time, the 23-year-old was slicing a metal drum using a plasma cutter but was unaware of the fact the storage place had previously contained oil, which led to vapour within it being ignited by the sparks from the machinery.
This caused the drum to explode, with its lid striking Mr Massie on the head and knocking him unconscious. He was then rushed to hospital but died from his injuries the next day.
Pitmachie Garage has now admitted breaching the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 by not informing its employee of the potential dangers of this task, meaning his family could elect to seek damages.
Contact our accident and injury solicitors on 0800 916 9046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like advice on any personal injury matter
Posted by Trusha Vyas