An industrial disease claim worth more than £300,000 has been launched by a widow whose husband passed away after succumbing to mesothelioma.
According to the News & Star, Peter Walters died at the age of 63 in January 2010 just three weeks after he was diagnosed with the asbestos-related illness, which affects the inner-cell lining of the lungs.
Consequently, the electrician's next of kin Vivian Walters is pursuing a claim for damages from David Thornson (Electrical) and Lorne Stewart - both of whom employed Mr Walters during his 29-year career - for their negligence.
The writ issued to the High Court by Mrs Walters stated that her husband was exposed to the potentially lethal substance during a project working on an old people's home in Appleby, as well as when he operated on premises owned by the Ministry of Defence in Longtown.
This comes after the Bradford Telegraph & Argus reported that three families could seek compensation after inquests revealed their loved ones died from mesothelioma.
Contact our accident and injury solicitors on 0800 916 9046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like advice on any personal injury matter
Posted by Chris Stevenson