18 January 2011
Family wins compensation after man died of mesothelioma
The family of a man who passed away due to the effects of an asbestos-related illness have been awarded a compensation settlement for their loss.
Denis Aspin, who was 64 years old, died in November 2008 after he contracted mesothelioma during his time working as an assembler at the Desford factory of Caterpillar UK - part of a worldwide company that employs in excess of 10,000 people - for nearly 30 years, the Post Online reports.
According to the news source, Mr Aspin was exposed to the potentially lethal substance during his career between the years of 1979 and 2008 but was never warned by his employer of the possible dangers of coming into regular contact with it.
Consequently, he visited his doctor in September 2008 to complain of breathlessness and then died two months later.
Diane Aspin, his wife, commented: “No amount of money will ever make up for my husband’s death."
Contact our accident and injury solicitors on 0800 916 9046 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like advice on any personal injury matter
Posted by Cheryl Bennett
Related Industry NewsRSS feed
Thursday 08th May 2014
Tuesday 15th April 2014