A catering firm is facing 14 counts of food poisoning compensation claims after the food it provided for a wedding service caused many people to be seriously ill and one fatality due to poisoning.
Public health officials have launched an investigation into the incident which saw dozens of guests at the wedding party of Stephen Wicks and Jennifer Harris at a hotel in Bury fall ill after consuming the kosher food provided.
Four guests were rushed to hospital following the event after complaining of pain after eating items such as canapes, salmon, chicken soup, potatoes, vegetables, chocolate pudding and ice cream in a buffet, but doctors were unable to save 82-year-old Rene Kwartz who died due to the ordeal.
Salmonella - which includes symptoms such as sickness and diarrhea - is believed to be the cause of Mrs Kwatz's death and the illness of the other guests, with the three others needing hospital treatment later being discharged.
Contact our accident and injury solicitors on 0800 916 9046 or email email@example.com if you would like advice on any personal injury matter
Posted by Richard Saunders