13 April 2010
Asbestos exposure linked to Malcolm McLaren's death
Former Sex Pistols manager, recording artist and entrepreneur Malcolm McLaren's death has been linked to asbestos exposure in a shop he used to run.
Earlier this month, the 64-year-old lost his battle with the cancer mesothelioma.
Speaking to the Independent On Sunday, his partner Young Kim said a retail outlet he managed may have had the insulating material in its ceiling - which he had broken in order to create the effect of a bomb exploding.
Ms Kim remarked: "I always suspected that shop because it was the only place Malcolm ever really spent any serious length of time in and there was a lot of construction and changing things."
She added that she is angry that a doctor they went to see ignored the first signs of the condition and revealed she may take legal action over this.
Asbestos is associated with a range of medical conditions in addition to mesothelioma, including pleural plaques and asbestosis.
Related Industry NewsRSS feed
Thursday 08th May 2014
Tuesday 15th April 2014