A woman who lost her life as a result of being exposed to asbestos dust secured compensation before she died.
Frances Davis was diagnosed with fatal Mesothelioma in October 2007 and successfully managed to claim a payout, the Maidenhead Advertiser reports.
She had worked at Companies House in London during the 1970s & 1980s and her role involved passing microfiche reports on a track through a 15ft by 12ft hole in wall to adjoining rooms. The wall was filled with asbestos and a sheet which was supposed to cover it was inadequate and let dust from the hazardous asbestos insulating material escape into the office.
Ms Davies was 89 when she succumbed to Mesothelioma, which is said to affect around five times more men than women. Her body was discovered by her son in her home on December 12th last year.
During a recent Inquest, Coroner Peter Bedford ruled that she had died of industrial disease.