26 March 2009
Family may sue after falling ill on skiing holiday
A family has contacted solicitors and is considering taking legal action after falling ill while on a skiing holiday.
The Jacksons were staying at the Alpine resort of Morzine, which is located near to Geneva, when they were struck down with a bug which caused severe vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal cramps and high temperatures.
Samantha Jackson, her husband Frank and their two children Thomas and Benjamin were on a break which had cost nearly £3,000, the Crewe and Nantwich Guardian reports.
They claim that Benjamin was so ill that he was unable to leave his room and that they are still suffering the effects of the sickness.
Ms Jackson stated: "The standards of cleanliness were not adequate for a hotel. The rooms were not clean and the hotel seemed to be run by a bunch of teenagers."
She added that the buffet did not appear to be maintained in a hygienic fashion, with new food being piled on top of old food.
Related Industry NewsRSS feed
Thursday 08th May 2014
Tuesday 15th April 2014