Back to Legal Industry News

Family to sue housing association over carbon monoxide poisoning

Family to sue housing association over carbon monoxide poisoning
A Ludlow family who suffered carbon monoxide poisoning are taking legal action to claim compensation from Shropshire Housing Association.

The Rouse family claim that the poisoning led them to spend Christmas Eve at Hereford Hospital.

Rihnannon Rouse told the Shropshire Star: "In the week leading up to Christmas me, my husband and our five-year-old son were all ill with sickness, headaches and coughing. I thought it was a bug, but on Christmas Eve my husband's mother came round and by 5pm she was ill. It registered with us that something wasn't right and I called NHS Direct.

"Our son, Jamie, was asleep on the sofa and the lady at NHS Direct asked me to wake him up. But he wouldn't wake. She immediately called an ambulance."

The housing association deny liability for the family's illness and claim to have since repaired the fault.

Common sources of carbon monoxide poisoning in the home include household heating equipment and engine-driven power generators.