17 December 2015
EE Recalls All Power Bars Following Fire Fears
EE has recalled all Power Bars following fire safety fears.
The company had previously recalled a certain batch of the Power Bars but now they have issued a statement recalling every single one that has been sold.
In August we reported that five EE Power Bars had caught fire, with one person being badly burned after theirs exploded. Now it seems that the fire risk is worse than first thought, hence the product recall.
EE has said that there have been a “very small number” of incidents where the Power Bars overheated and could cause a fire risk, but anyone who owns one should return it to an EE store.
It’s not known how many Power Bars are out there but EE did set up a Power Bar scheme which gave customer the chance to claim a free portable charger. Around a million devices were made available for the promotion so it’s likely a large number of people have the potentially hazardous Power Bar.
EE will send out text messages to anyone who signed up for the Power Bar scheme, asking them to return the Bar to an EE store. Anyone who does return their Bar will receive a £20 voucher. But there may be other customers who have the Power Bars that didn’t sign up to the scheme.
If you have an EE Power Bar you must stop using it straight away and return it to an EE store. Overheating electrical devices can cause devastating damage and injuries, sometimes even resulting in fatalities.
Faulty electrical items seem to be the theme for Christmas 2015; a number of hoverboards have been recalled due to fire risks. Halfords and Amazon have stopped selling hoverboards and have recalled all those sold already. Amazon has told customers to just throw the hoverboards away.
About a quarter of a million people complained about faulty products last year in the UK. Faulty products can cause significant injuries and sometimes they can be fatal.
We have the right to buy products that are safe to use and in good working order. If this isn’t the case then we are entitled to a repair, replacement, or refund. If we suffer an injury from a product we can claim compensation.
There is a time limit of three years for any injuries caused by faulty products and it’s important to get advice from a specialist lawyer. Slater and Gordon Lawyers have experts in faulty product claims and can act on your behalf on a No Win No Fee agreement.
If you have been injured, or have experienced a fire or other loss due to a faulty product, please get in touch with our experts at Slater and Gordon for a free consultation. Call us on freephone 0800 916 9046 or contact us online and we will call you.
Take a second to rate this article
Related PostsRSS feed
Wednesday 21st December 2016
Friday 21st October 2016
Friday 23rd September 2016