For legal advice, support and claims relating to medical negligence, choose Slater and Gordon Lawyers. Our medical negligence solicitors in Liverpool are specialists in medical mistakes relating to surgery, hospital treatment, GP complaints
To discuss your case, and for expert legal help, please call Slater and Gordon’s clinical negligence solicitors in Liverpool on freephone 0808 175 8000 for an initial consultation. You can also contact us online to arrange a callback from a personal injury specialist.
Over the years, our specialist team has helped clients with claims involving:
- Surgical error - for example, when the wrong limb or organ is operated on or a slip of the knife results in serious damage to nerves or other parts of the body. In severe cases, errors in surgery can lead to brain or spinal injury.
- Infections - for example, superbug hospital-acquired infections such as MRSA or infections following surgery. If standards slip, infection can happen. An infection can prolong the patient’s recovery time or even cause complications and other conditions to develop.
- Drug mistakes - if the wrong medicine is administered, it can have consequences including worsening of symptoms, side effects and complications which can cause pain and suffering to the patient. The same can happen if too much medicine is administered, potentially even causing a fatal overdose.
- Care home abuse - just because it happens in a care home rather than a hospital, it still qualifies as medical negligence if negligence has caused harm to a patient. The residents of care homes and other facilities tend to be very vulnerable, so mistakes in their care can have devastating outcomes.
- Delayed diagnosis - healthcare professionals take every care to diagnose conditions accurately, as the diagnosis informs the treatment path to take. However, there’s a difference between ordering an extra round of tests to confirm the diagnosis and neglecting to provide any diagnosis at all for an extended period of time. During this time, the patient suffers. In cases where the condition or injury is very serious, delays in diagnosis can even be life-threatening. Conditions that could be effectively treated if diagnosed early can potentially develop into untreatable and even terminal illnesses.
- Misdiagnosis - just as dangerous to patients as delayed diagnosis is misdiagnosis, where a healthcare professional incorrectly identifies the condition. Misdiagnosis can start you along completely the wrong treatment path. This may be completely ineffective, leaving you suffering while your original condition worsens, or it could even cause harm. Whichever is the case, misdiagnosis wastes valuable treatment time in which you could be recovering.
- Mistakes during childbirth - for example, errors which cause avoidable injuries to mother or baby, or failure to spot and treat a serious condition during childbirth. In some cases, newborn babies and their mothers develop infections and complications following birth that can be extremely serious. If this has happened to you and your family has been harmed as a result, our solicitors can help you make a claim for medical negligence.
If you’ve experienced any of the above or want to find out more about claiming compensation, simply call our medical negligence solicitors in Liverpool for an initial consultation. You can reach us on freephone 0808 175 8000 or via our online contact form.
When you contact us, we’ll ask a few questions about what happened, including where and when the incident happened and what symptoms or injuries you experienced. From the information you provide, our medical negligence experts can provide helpful advice on whether or not you have a valid claim for compensation.
We’ll explain the next steps to take and may even be able to offer guidance on how much compensation you could claim if you win your case. If you’re ready to proceed, we can start the compensation claim on your behalf so that you can focus solely on your recovery.
Starting a compensation claim with our medical negligence solicitors in Liverpool
It’s not easy to know where to start with medical negligence compensation claims. From knowing who was actually responsible for what happened to whether or not it was negligence, it’s extremely difficult to go it alone. You need a medical negligence specialist on hand to help, to provide expert advice and guide you through the claims process.
Our medical negligence solicitors in Liverpool have helped thousands of people who’ve experienced medical mistakes of all kinds. We’ve successfully secured thousands of pounds in compensation, which has gone towards medical bills, the costs of care and travel costs, as well as to make up for loss of earnings when the patient has been unable to work.
Slater and Gordon’s medical negligence team are experts at what they do, with the specialist skills and knowledge to secure the best possible outcome for you and your family. We aim to make claiming compensation as simple and stress-free as possible, which is why we also offer a No Win, No Fee claims service in the majority of cases. This means no legal fees are due unless your case is successful and you receive compensation. At a time when you may already be worried about money, or suffering from pain due to your illness or injury, this can be a great relief.
To see how we can help you or to start your claim right away, simply get in touch with our Liverpool office by calling freephone 0808 175 8000. One of our clinical negligence specialists will be happy to answer all of your questions and provide any help you need. Another way to contact our medical negligence solicitors in Liverpool is to use our online contact form, and we’ll call you whenever it’s convenient.