If you need help with a personal injury claim, our Edinburgh specialists can help. Please call Slater and Gordon Lawyers on freephone 0808 175 8000 or contact us online. We’ll take the details of what happened and provide expert advice on how to claim compensation.
How our personal injury solicitors in Edinburgh can help
Our Edinburgh team’s expertise in personal injury cases includes:
- Slips, trips and falls - These seemingly minor accidents can actually cause very painful consequences, made even more difficult to live with when the accident was avoidable. If you’ve tripped on a loose paving stone that should have been secured, slipped on a wet floor when there were no warning signs or suffered a similar accident, you could claim personal injury compensation.
- Workplace accidents - Accidents at work range from trips and falls to accidents involving machinery or equipment. If caused at least in part by negligence, where your employer didn’t take the required measures to ensure your health and safety, you could have a claim.
- Car and bike accidents - If you were injured in a road traffic accident as a driver, passenger, motorcyclist, cyclist or pedestrian and you feel that someone else was at least partly to blame for what happened, Slater and Gordon’s Edinburgh team can help.
- Accidents in public places - Local authorities and other organisations have legal obligations to take certain measures to make public places safe to use. Sometimes, these obligations are overlooked or standards slip. Unfortunately, this can result in injuries to the general public. Our Edinburgh team are extremely experienced in these types of cases and can get you the best possible result.
- Holiday accidents - Just because an incident takes place overseas, it doesn’t mean that you can’t start a claim for negligence in the UK - especially if the travel company that failed to ensure your safety is based here. Our Edinburgh team can advise you as to whether you have a case.
- Industrial illness and asbestos claims - Illnesses arising from negligent exposure to asbestos or other toxic substances can be extremely serious. Some can be life-threatening. This is why it's important to seek compensation if you’ve been affected by industrial illness. Compensation can make a big difference when it comes to medical bills and quality of life for you and your family.
To find out more about any of these types of claims, please don’t hesitate to contact our personal injury solicitors in Edinburgh for expert advice you can trust.
How the personal injury claims process works
It all starts with a phone call to our Edinburgh office on freephone 0808 175 8000 to talk through what happened with a personal injury specialist. Our lawyers will ask for the basic details of the accident, including when and where it happened. We’ll ask about your injuries, any medical treatment you’ve received and who you believe was responsible for what happened. If you have a claim, our solicitors will explain in plain, clear language what’ll happen next.
If you wish to start a claim, Slater and Gordon Lawyers are ready to take the next steps. This involves:
- Gathering evidence - This may require taking photos (or asking for your own photos if you have any) of the place where the accident happened, speaking to witnesses and getting hold of an accident book and/or police and medical reports if necessary. Our personal injury solicitors know just where to find the evidence they need to put your case together.
- Proving negligence - Often this can be simple, where it’s clear that a specific person or organisation was at fault. In other cases, proving negligence can be more complicated, for example, in cases of contributory negligence where the other side alleges that you were partially responsible for what happened. However, our experts will draw on their skills and experience to make the best possible case on your behalf.
- Helping you to access rehabilitation support - If you require rehabilitation support or medical treatment, our team will help you to access this.
At the end of the process, you could receive compensation that makes a real difference to your recovery and your quality of life. Personal injury compensation can pay for medical bills, cover loss of earnings and ease the financial strain caused by what happened.
Personal injury cases can involve a lot of paperwork, correspondence and in general, a lot of hard work. This is why it’s so important to enlist the help of an experienced personal injury solicitor. Our Edinburgh team will handle all of this on your behalf and ensure your claim progresses quickly and smoothly.
Why choose Slater and Gordon Edinburgh
From our offices in Edinburgh city centre, our highly trained solicitors have provided expert legal help to thousands of clients living locally and throughout Scotland. We’ve secured compensation for a full range of different accidents and injuries, dealing with everything from simple but avoidable injuries to accidents with life-changing consequences.
With so much experience in personal injury cases, we know exactly how to put together the strongest possible case. If someone else’s negligence at least partly caused the accident and you were injured as a result, we can prove it. Trust our team to fight your corner and secure the compensation you deserve.
If you have a question about how personal injury claims work or are ready to start a claim, please call the Slater and Gordon Edinburgh office on freephone 0808 175 8000. You can also use our online contact form to make an enquiry and arrange a consultation. We’ll get back to you at a date and time that works for you.
Our experienced solicitors are happy to share their expertise on personal injury cases to advise on whether or not you have a claim. Furthermore, we’ll always be honest and realistic about your chances of success.