If you need expert legal advice you can trust following an accident or injury caused at least partially by someone else’s negligence, contact the specialist team at Slater and Gordon Cardiff. Our personal injury solicitors in Cardiff can help you claim the compensation you deserve.
Personal injury claims in Cardiff - our services and expertise
Although many accidents are unavoidable and couldn’t have been prevented, others happen as a result of a mistake made by another person, who may have neglected health and safety rules or failed in their duties. If you’ve experienced injury or illness as a result of negligence, you could have a claim for compensation.
Our personal injury solicitors in Cardiff can help with:
Accidents at work fall into one of a number of broad categories, including:
- Asbestos-related illnesses - These are claims for illnesses such as pleural thickening, asbestosis, asbestos-related lung cancer and mesothelioma which have been caused due to negligent exposure to asbestos.
- Industrial disease claims - These are claims for illnesses such as occupational asthma, dermatitis, nasal cancer, bladder cancer, skin cancer and other illnesses which have been caused by negligent exposure to chemicals and toxins at work.| Trips, slips and falls. These accidents are commonly caused by wet floors not marked by safety signage, uneven surfaces, obstacles left out when they should have been put away and stairways/walkways with broken or absent handrails.
- Equipment-related accidents - Claims can involve workers trapping their hands in machinery or suffering another injury as a result of using equipment. It’s often the case that the employee wasn’t properly trained to use the equipment safely, wasn’t given the right personal protective equipment (PPE) or the equipment was faulty.
- Manual handling injuries - If a part of your job involves moving heavy items, you should be properly trained in the procedures to do it safely. If you’re not, it can lead to serious injury.
In many cases, accidents at work could have been avoided if the employer had taken certain health and safety measures to protect their workers. These accidents can lead to a great deal of pain and suffering, as well as time off work and a subsequent loss of earnings. Compensation can help to cover these costs, as well as going a small way to making up for the traumatic and painful experience.
Our Cardiff lawyers are specialists in accident at work cases. To start a claim for compensation, please call our personal injury solicitors in Cardiff on freephone 0808 175 8000 or contact us online.
Accidents in public
If you’ve been injured in the park, on a street or in another public place, it could be that negligence was to blame. This is especially the case when it comes to poorly maintained roads and walkways, where it may be possible to prove that a local authority or another organisation was partly if not fully responsible for your injuries.
Our personal injury solicitors in Cardiff have successfully pursued claims against councils and a range of other organisations where negligence has contributed to an accident. Please call us on freephone 0808 175 8000 to find out if you could have a claim.
Road traffic accidents and cycling claims
There are many possible causes of road traffic accidents. These can include:
- Failure by one driver to check their mirrors
- Careless driving by one party (for example when changing lanes, turning, overtaking or pulling out of a junction)
- Speeding or other driving behaviour that breaks the law
- A lapse in judgement
- A driver failing to pay enough attention to what’s happening in front of them
Some of these mistakes may seem small, but it only takes a split-second to cause a serious accident. Collisions on the highways can lead to severe injuries or even death.
If you’ve suffered from broken bones, fractures, whiplash, damage to property or emotional distress following a car accident, you could claim compensation. You may also be able to claim on behalf of a loved one who has passed away in a road traffic accident.
Slater and Gordon’s personal injury solicitors in Cardiff should be your first port of call (after contacting the police) following a road traffic accident. Contact us as soon as possible after the accident and tell us what happened.
We’ll take the details, offer initial legal advice and explain what’ll happen next. Our expert team will arrange to gather the relevant evidence to build your case and prove that another party was at least partly responsible - all with the aim of securing compensation for you.
Our other personal injury services include:
- Holiday accident compensation claims
- Military injury claims
- Product liability and faulty product claims
- Serious and fatal injury compensation claims
- Criminal injury, sexual and physical abuse claims
How our Cardiff specialists can help
With many years of experience handling a wide variety of personal injury cases, our Cardiff team has built up a reputation for excellence in these claims. You can rely on us to fight your corner, to treat you with respect and compassion and to always put you first. We don’t just offer the chance to receive compensation, but also offer a fully comprehensive service - including support with recovery, rehabilitation and advice on a range of related legal matters.
We can also reassure you about the cost of starting a personal injury claim. If costs are a concern, you should know that 98% of Slater and Gordon’s personal injury cases are funded on a No Win, No Fee basis - so there’s nothing to pay unless you win your case.
Please call our expert team of personal injury solicitors in Cardiff on freephone 0808 175 8000 and we’ll be happy to help. You can also contact us online and we’ll get in touch whenever is most convenient for you. If you need legal advice, we’re here for you 24/7.