For expert legal advice to help you navigate a difficult situation at work, choose our employment solicitors in Cardiff. Our highly trained team have the expertise to provide immediate assistance on a range of employment issues, from disputes over contracts and redundancy to unfair dismissal.
Our expertise in employment law
We’re extremely proud to have one of the best teams of employment solicitors Cardiff has to offer. Between them, our experts have decades of experience in handling cases of all kinds. Whatever problem you’re facing, our solicitors can help. Examples of the kinds of cases we deal with include:
If you’ve been dismissed from your job for a reason that you believe is unfair, unreasonable or even discriminatory, we can help you to make a claim for unfair dismissal. Your employer can terminate your employment for a reasonable complaint, such as problems with conduct or capability. However, it’s not lawful to dismiss an employee who has at least two years of continuous service for a reason such as:
- Membership of a trade union
- Pregnancy or parental leave
- A legally protected characteristic - such as disability, gender, age, pregnancy, marital status, religious belief, race or sexual orientation
The manner in which you are dismissed could also lead to a claim for unfair dismissal. Employers have to follow certain procedures, outlined in your contract of employment. If they breach these terms and don’t follow procedures, this could mean that your employment has been unlawfully terminated.
Constructive dismissal is when an employee feels that they’ve no other option but to resign from their employment. This could be because:
- Their employer has unreasonably changed the terms of their contract - for example, requiring the employee to work nights when their contract stipulates daytime working hours
- There is a problem with bullying, intimidation or harassment - making the workplace unbearable for the employee
- The employee is subjected to discrimination at work and is consistently being treated unfairly by the employer
If you’ve experienced a situation like this and your employer consistently fails to address and rectify the problem, you may feel you’ve no choice but to resign. It’s essential to seek legal advice urgently in cases of this kind, preferably before resigning. Call our employment solicitors in Cardiff on freephone 0808 175 8000 for immediate advice to help you make the right decisions.
Pregnancy and parental leave
If you’re facing discrimination or unfair treatment at work and you believe that it’s in relation to pregnancy or parental leave, it’s essential to seek expert legal advice right away.
Call our employment solicitors in Cardiff on freephone 0808 175 8000 to discuss what’s happening. We’ll explain your employment rights and provide our assessment of your situation, before offering legal advice based on decades of specialist experience. Our lawyers will advise on what to do next and explain how we can represent you in communications with your employer or at an employment tribunal.
Our solicitors can help with cases involving:
- Discrimination - where you believe you’ve missed out on an opportunity (for example for a new job or a promotion) due to pregnancy or maternity leave
- Mistreatment at work due to pregnancy or an illness related to pregnancy
- Problems with extended sick leave due to pregnancy
- Disputes over length of maternity leave and statutory pay
- Pressure from an employer to come back early from maternity leave
- Requests for flexible working that haven’t been properly considered
- Paternal leave requests
- Redundancy and dismissal in relation to pregnancy
Other types of employment issues
With extensive experience in employment disputes of all kinds, our team of specialist solicitors are also perfectly placed to deal with issues relating to:
- Part-time or temporary employment rights
- Redundancy settlements
- Professional negligence
- Professional discipline
- Pensions law
Whatever the situation, we can help. You can rely on our specialist solicitors to offer you information and advice in order to move forward. We know that facing a workplace dispute can be extremely stressful, so our aim is to make things easier and handle every aspect of the case on your behalf.
Contact our employment solicitors in Cardiff for expert help
If an employment issue or dispute is causing you sleepless nights, it’s time to take action. You should seek expert legal advice in order to decide what to do next, before the situation gets worse.
Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our employment solicitors in Cardiff. You can speak to an expert in employment law by calling freephone 0808 175 8000. Simply explain the situation as best you can. We’ll take the details and provide initial advice on what to do next.
When it comes to employment law, our Cardiff team have the in-depth knowledge and expertise required to help you with any issue you’re facing. Our aim is to provide you with a realistic assessment of your case and all the information you need to make informed decisions.
Our solicitors can handle the case on your behalf, communicating with your employer and their legal representatives. We can represent you in an employment tribunal, fighting your corner to secure your rights as an employee. We always put our clients first, so you can feel confident that every action we take is in your best interests.
Put your case in our hands and you’ll have the benefit of one of the best employment law teams in the UK. Please call our employment solicitors on freephone 0808 175 8000 for an initial consultation, or contact us online for help with a workplace issue.