If you need expert advice you can trust from a family law solicitor, get in touch with the Slater and Gordon team here in Birmingham. Our specialists have experience in all aspects of family law, from marriage and divorce to cases concerning children.
Call a family law solicitor in Birmingham today on 0121 233 8300 or contact us online and we’ll be happy to get back to you. If you need our assistance outside of office hours, simply call Freephone on 0808 175 8000 - we’re here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Our family law services
When it comes to family issues, you need the very best legal advice. The Slater and Gordon family law team are renowned for their experience, knowledge and expertise in often complicated and difficult cases.
Marriage and divorce
The breakdown of a relationship can be a difficult time, so it’s important to have a trained legal professional by your side to ensure that your interests and finances are protected. Slater and Gordon can provide you with the support and advice you need following a separation including divorce, childcare arrangements,the fair division of assets, property, pensions and finances.
Other family and divorce services offered by our family law solicitors in Birmingham include:
- Adoption and surrogacy
- Children issues
- Child maintenance
- Civil partnership and dissolution
- Cohabitation agreements and disputes
- Collaborative law
- Domestic violence
- Financial settlement on divorce and separation
- International divorce
- Pre-nuptial and post nuptial agreement
If you’re facing a separation or a dispute over assets, property or children, it’s important to seek legal advice immediately. Contact our Birmingham family law specialists on 0121 233 8300 for a discussion about your circumstances.
If you’re facing legal issues relating to your children, it’s essential to choose an experienced family law solicitor with a great reputation for handling sensitive and potentially complex cases. Slater and Gordon’s family lawyers in Birmingham have an exceptional reputation for resolving cases involving:
- Child protection. If the courts are involved in a child safeguarding issue, you’ll need to seek advice from a family lawyer to help you reach a satisfactory resolution for all parties, as well as to uphold the child’s legal rights.
- Adoption and fostering. Adopting a child requires you to jump through certain legal hoops, and it’s essential the process is followed correctly. With advice from a family law expert, the adoption process can be smoother and much less stressful.
- Children’s rights. A family lawyer can help to protect the rights of children involved in a difficult or complicated family situation such as a divorce or the dissolution of a civil partnership.
- Child arrangements. Determining who a child should live with following a separation, and the terms of access arrangements for the other parent, can be extremely complicated without proper legal advice. A trained solicitor can help you to negotiate an arrangement that suits everyone, but especially puts the child’s needs and welfare first. Our family law solicitors aim to resolve child arrangement issues with as little stress and animosity as possible, providing you with straightforward advice you can trust.
- Parental responsibility. When a couple separate, it’s important to establish parental responsibility if you want to have a say in important decisions relating to your child’s upbringing and future - for example, which school they go to. The legal expertise of a family lawyer can be extremely helpful in establishing parental responsibility in the eyes of the law.
Our Birmingham family law solicitors can also offer advice and support with other issues relating to:
- Domestic violence. In this most difficult of situations, sound legal advice is absolutely crucial. Our solicitors are sensitive, compassionate and experienced in domestic violence cases, offering advice and support to help you see the light at the end of the tunnel.
- Property rights. Disputes over property are common following a separation, and they can quickly escalate to become very complicated and acrimonious. A family lawyer can make the process of dividing assets and property much easier, ensuring that you receive what you’re entitled to with the minimum of stress or expense.
Our client-centred approach
Our approach to family law cases always puts the client first, which means that we work hard to bring about a positive resolution for you and your family without necessarily having to go to court.
Many of the Slater and Gordon team are members of Resolution, an organisation committed to the practise of family law in a constructive, client-focused way. Our sensitive, highly trained family law solicitors here in Birmingham use techniques such as mediation and constructive negotiation to reach resolutions in a way that suits your family. This can streamline the legal process and minimise the stress of relationship breakdown and difficult family problems as far as possible. Importantly, we can also help to keep your legal costs down.
Slater and Gordon’s family lawyers have experience in handling all kinds of cases, from relatively straightforward divorces to large, complex family law cases for high-profile clients. Whatever your circumstances and whatever you need help with, you can count on our Birmingham team to offer sound, reliable advice.
Contact our Birmingham family law experts for an initial consultation
If you’re searching for the best family law solicitor Birmingham has to offer, your choice is a simple one. Come to Slater and Gordon for expert legal advice you can rely on and a dedicated team that always puts your family’s best interests first.
For more information about how we can help you or for an initial consultation to discuss your circumstances, contact a family law solicitor in Birmingham by calling 0121 233 8300 or contacting us online. You can also contact Freephone on 0808 175 8000 for out of hours assistance.
Nationally, Slater and Gordon’s family lawyers are highly rated in the Legal 500 for their market-leading expertise in this field. For occasions when you need an expert family law solicitor, Birmingham clients can rely on us for instant assistance. We also provide legal services throughout the whole of the UK from offices in London, Manchester, Sheffield, Cardiff and many other locations.