At Slater and Gordon we understand that you want to start your career as soon as possible, whist also continuing your studies. Our paralegal apprenticeship programme gives you the opportunity to begin a legal career and join one of the UK’s largest consumer law firms. During your apprenticeship you will study for the NVQ Level 3 Paralegal Apprenticeship and all costs will be met by the firm.
A 24 month apprenticeship, to enable you to learn skills required to work in a legal environment.
Duties to include:
- Administration of files.
- To support the team with administrative tasks and action work as delegated by supervisor.
- Use precedents and draft documents.
- Assist with legal matters and transactions.
- Ensuring adherence to legal and regulatory requirements relevant to the role.
- Client relationship management at the start and end of a transaction.
- Provide telephone support and deal with client queries.
- Opening new instructions accurately and within service standards.
- Ensure work issues or problems are reported immediately.
- File opening and closing.
- Prepare and collate bundles.
- Take and file accurate notes.
- Time recording and billing relevant to firm.
- Collating searches and reporting on search results.
- Undertake legal and factual research and present finding accurately and clearly.
- Maintaining sufficient competence and legal knowledge to work effectively.
- Seek guidance and support to ensure effective
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- 5 GCSEs grade C or above.
- 3 A-levels grade C or above (or equivalent) can be predicted at application stage but any offer will be subject to attaining
- these grades.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to work to deadlines and manage workload effectively
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Someone who can use their initiative and thrives in a busy and fast-paced environment
- The successful candidate will need to be conscientious, punctual, committed and articulate; and demonstrate a positive
- attitude and a commitment to succeed.
Only candidates who meet the above criteria will be considered for a formal interview
If you believe you meet the above criteria then please click the link below to Apply.