Slater Gordon Group, are recruiting experienced Senior Costs Draftspersons to join our specialist legal costs consultancy division, Compass Costs Solutions working within our costs offices based in Manchester, Liverpool and Cardiff.
- Preparing Formal Bills/N260’s and Budgets.
- Potentially dealing with negotiations of Bills including attendance at CCMC’s
- Overseeing the Issuing of the Notice of Commencement and associated documentation where necessary.
- Consider Defendant’s Points of Dispute and prepare Replies thereafter.
- Working to court deadlines, whilst ensuring the accuracy of all data.
- Attendance upon Detailed Assessment Hearing when necessary.
- Being a Technical referral point whenever possible.
- Assisting team members during absences and holidays
- Assist junior members of the team with training and ad hoc queries.
- Ensure that you are fully versed with CPR and all relevant case law.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in legal costs litigation
- Experience of handling your own costs caseload from start to finish
- Experience of drafting bills of costs; costs budgets; and points of reply/dispute
- Costs negotiation skills and experience
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Experience of handling costs in a range of personal injury and clinical negligence matters
- Up to date knowledge of CPR and legislation
- IT literate including knowledge of using costs drafting software e.g. Costsmaster or IDraft
- Consistently high client care/service skills
- Strong attention to detail
What we offer in return
In return, we can offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits; a positive and inviting work environment; exposure to industry specialists and a fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater Gordon Group is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply
If you would like to make a formal application please email a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number GM5257.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.