Slater Gordon Group, are recruiting experienced Costs Draftspersons to join our specialist legal costs consultancy division, Compass Costs Solutions working within our costs offices based throughout the UK.
We are looking for candidates wishing to join a leading law firm and take their career to the next level.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in legal costs litigation
- Experience of handling your own costs caseload from start to finish
- Experience of drafting bills of costs; costs budgets; and points of reply/dispute
- Costs negotiation skills and experience
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Experience of handling costs in a range of personal injury and clinical negligence matters
- Up to date knowledge of CPR and legislation
- IT literate including knowledge of using costs drafting software e.g. Costsmaster or IDraft
- Consistently high client care/service skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience of attending CCMCs and Detailed Assessment Hearings.
Responsible for drafting bills/schedules of costs; costs budgets; points of reply (or dispute); negotiating costs settlements or attending CCMCs or detailed assessment hearings (if required).
You will handle costs recovery and sometimes adverse costs on a variety of matters from fast track litigation to complex, high value, specialist PI litigation and clinical negligence.
What we offer in return
In return, we can offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits; a positive and inviting work environment; exposure to industry specialists and a fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
Slater Gordon Group is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply
If you would like to make a formal application please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job reference number 4443.
Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.